What did Sarah eat today? Well considering the fact that her throat is practically swollen shut with infection and mucus (lovely description, would you like a picture?) I was able to get down a few bites of jell-o (or Jelly as they call it here) and a couple pieces of pasta. Luckily though, I can now drink more than a spoonful of water and also talk without starting to cry. We are making progress. Where did this illness come from? Who knows. I think I waited a little too long to see the doctor (as always, I was hoping it would resolve itself on its own) and she was really surprised when she took a quick peek in my mouth. But here I am, 4 injections, 3 garglings of antibacterial stuff, and 2 dissolving pills later I can drink this here cup of water one sip at a time!
The past couple of days I haven’t really been able to eat, talking has been extremely difficult and my interactions with strangers unpleasant because I don’t want to come across as rude but also I just don’t want to talk. It hurts. Leave me be.
I feel as though my posts are turning out to be somewhat filled with complaints. Perhaps because the only time I feel the need to write is when something is going wrong. And right now. I’m sick. And I’m tired of it. I want to enjoy food again. I also want to stop fantasizing about Chipotle burritos. Seriously. What is THAT about?
Anyways. I was told I shouldn’t work for the next few days. I feel bad for the learners. But considering the amount of time other teachers show up my track record is pretty great regarding attendance. Maybe next week will present itself as shiny and new and all the teachers will be present and we can proceed through the school day like it actually matters! There will be no mass circuit meetings that pull all teachers out of school to discuss nothing, there will be no celebration of international women’s day that cancels school for some teachers to give a few speeches about….well…I couldn’t tell you what they were about. And there will be no teachers absent, leaving just the principal and me to manage grades 5 –7 (do you know how rowdy those kids get when they sit in class for hours with no teacher? it makes my life difficult). And maybe the new kindergarten will figure out how to not disrupt my classes by putting their screaming children someplace other than right outside the windows of my grades 5 and 6.
So tomorrow. Get ready. Sure no school for me. But laundry here I come. Also, you mother fucking ants or termites or whatever the hell you are devouring my roof with your stupid little selves, I’m going to destroy you. I like my thatch roof. It’s not for you to eat. So fuck off. And shower area that keeps collapsing, I will fix you with my own bare hands tomorrow! None of this involves talking or eating so I think I’ll do just fine.
1 comments:
Oh my. Please stop having illness and injury. Feel better and be safe. Love you.
Post a Comment