10.15.09
Training is coming to an end. It’s bittersweet. The past couple of months have been full of amazing people, and I have deep admiration for so many of them. My fellow trainees are all unique and dedicated and fascinating…and hilarious. I can’t deny that I’ve had moments of homesickness, but with PC Namibia Group 30 I am always guaranteed someone who can make me laugh to the point of my jaw aching. And while language classes got long and entirely aggravating, it’s a good feeling when I have even an inkling about what my family is talking about in Silozi…not many Americans speak an ounce of Silozi. So thanks 4 hour Silozi classes.
I am going to miss being surrounded by these amazing people. Like woah.
But. I get to go to Mubiza! I get to live in a hut. My host family is amazing. I get to start teaching (and I’m a bit freaked out by this). I can finally get settled in. I am getting cats. I get to eat amazing food cooked over a fire. I get to start thinking about my secondary projects. I get to join the wonderful group of Caprivi volunteers!
This upcoming weekend is sure to be full of tears and excitement and anxiousness and long car rides and who knows what else.
0 comments:
Post a Comment